Dr Rajesh Simon completed his MBBS from Mysore University in 1994. After his under graduation he went to work in a rural area in Gujarat on voluntary basis for the poor and downtrodden for 2 years. Later in 1997 he joined Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, Punjab and did his Masters Post graduation in Orthopaedics and was awarded his MS (0rtho) by Baba Farid Medical University, Punjab.
After his post graduation he again went back to serve the downtrodden and poor and worked for 3 years. He had an unique opportunity in Trauma Management. He was a part of rescue team in the site of Train Crash in Khanna in 1999 wherein about 400 people were injured. Later in year 2001 Gujarat Earthquake, he was the main coordinator in Christian medical college team from Ludhiana and main orthopaedic surgeon performing innumerable surgeries for the needy patients free of cost for 3 months. For his exemplary work he was awarded for excellence in Humanity services from Bramakumari team and various other organizations.
He joined Lakeshore Hospital in 2003 and has been working in the same hospital since then.
He has been trauma faculty and AO faculty and has travelled as faculty all around. Since 2012, he has been focussing on Foot and Ankle and underwent training for the same. Presently he is the national Secretary of the Indian foot and Ankle association as well as the faculty in various Foot and ankle conferences and courses.
- AO. Basic Course -Cochin 2007
- AO Advance course-New Delhi 2009
- Immediate Trauma Life support course – Cochin 2005
- Foot and Ankle course- Munich 2016
- Immediate Trauma life support based on the similar lines with ATLS in 2009
- AO provider course for Faculty education program (FEP) by AO in Hong Kong in 2013
- Fellowship on Hip Arthroscopy from Warwick University, United Kingdom
- Fellowship on Foot and Ankle from University of Alabama, Birmingham, United States of America
- Hon Secretary of Indian Foot and Ankle Society (2016 onwards
- National Executive of Indian Orthopaedic Association 2016-2017
- Past Treasurer of Cochin Orthopaedic Society from 2006-2008
- Past Hon Secretary of Cochin Orthopaedic society2008-2010
- Past Joint Secretary of Kerala Orthopaedic Associations 2012-13
Guest Lecture/ Faculty:
- Guest Lecture on “Osteoporosis” in continuing surgical education programme in Gujarat State Surgeons Associations on Oct 2001 in Vapi.
- Faculty Lecture on Diaphyseal fracture in ORP session of AO basic course in 2009.
- Guest Lecturer in Management of Upper limb Extremities injuries on national Conference of Surgeons ASI 2011 in Kochi
- Faculty Lecture on Ankle injuries: Prevention and management of complications in Symposium of Malunion of Ankle injuries during IOA CON 2012 in Chennai
- Faculty Lecture on Volar plating in Distal radius in Wrist Symposium during IOACON 2012 in Chennai
- Faculty talk on Tips and Tricks of Volar plating of distal Radius and Faculty on Distal Radius and Proximal Humerus LCP fixation during workshop of IOACON 2012.
- Faculty and Co Chairman with lectures on Open fractures, Diaphyseal fractures and Non Union and Mal Union in AO Basic Course Kochi in March 2013
- Faculty Lecture on Ankle Injuries and Chronic Tendo Achillis tear in National Conference of Indian Foot and Ankle association IFASCON, Gurgaon in August 2013
- Guest Lecture on Legal Implications in Medical practice and PFNA2-How it scores over PFN, and IM Nailing in Proximal Tibial fractures in NAILSCON Nagpur October 2013
- Guest Lecture on Proximal Femoral Nail Antirotation blade –its advantage over the regular PFN in Orthpaedic Master class held in September 2014 in Goa.
- Faculty in the Jansen National foot and ankle webinar in May 4th 2014
- Guest lecture on Modalities of treatment in Ankle injuries along in Vumedi Webinar in association with Indian foot and ankle Association and American foot and ankle association in October 21st 2014.
- Guest Lecture on Distal Radius open reduction internal fixation in the prestigious KI George CME of the Kerala Orthopaedic Association Conference (KOACON 2015 in Wayanad.
- Faculty talks in Ankle fractures, Radiation hazards and Diaphysieal fracture management in AO Basic Course in Kochi in February 2015.
- Faculty lecture on Syndesmotic injuries controversy, Ankle sprain and mid foot injury management in the Foot and Ankle Symposium Kochi May 2015.
- Faculty lectures on Understanding Ankle fractures, Syndesmotic injuries and complications of ankle injuries in Foot and Ankle CME held in JSS Mysore in August 2015
- Faculty in Annual conference in Indian Foot and Ankle Society( IFASCON 2015 in Ludhiana. Lecture on the management of complications in Pilon fractures.
- Course Chairman and Faculty with lectures on LCPs, Compartment syndrome in AO ORP course in Feb 2016 in Bangalore
- Course Chairman and Faculty in Centre of Academic Excellence (CAPE of Kerala Orthopaedic Association KOA on Scaphoid with topics on percutaneous techniques in scaphoid and 4 corner fusion vs PFC of wrist in March CAPE 2016
- Faculty in UP Orthopaedic Association Trauma CME on Foot and Ankle in March 2016.
- Faculty in Bangalore Foot and Ankle Cadaveric Course and Symposium in May 2016.
- Faculty in Foot and Ankle session in Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States( OASIS Trauma) held in June 2016.
- Faculty in National conference of Indian Foot and Ankle society IFASCON 2016 in August 2016 held in Ranchi
- Faculty in Foot and Ankle Cadaveric Workshop 2016 held by Bombay Orthopaedic Society in October 2016
- Faculty in AO Masters course in Lower limb and Foot and Ankle held in Chennai in October 2016
- Faculty in Foot and Ankle CME and subsection of IOACON Kochi 2016.
- Faculty in Indo US Foot and Ankle Course held in Jan 2017.
• Medical Superintendent of the Sarvajanik Mission Hospital for 3 years from July 2000 – June 2003. Conducted various medical camps during the tenure for the poor and needy people.
• Faculty of orthopaedics in teaching MBBS students of Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences, a WHO recognized medical school for one year during 2004-5
• Organizing Secretary of ‘LAKESHORE TRAUMA UPDATE –
o WRIST UPDATE 2008’ a CME held on July 2008 on wrist and Workshop of distal radius fracture fixation with LCP ;
o ELBOW UPDATE 2009’ a CME held on June 2009 on elbow and Workshop of distal humerus fracture fixation with LCP
o CALCANEUM 2010 a CME held on calcaneum and Workshop of calcaneal fracture fixation with LCP;
o PROXIMAL HUMERUS 2011 a CME held on June 2011 on proximal Humerus fracture management and Workshop of Proximal humerus fracture fixation with PHILLOS
o PROXIMAL FEMUR 2012, a CME held on June 2012 on Proximal Femur fracture management and workshops of Proximal Femur fixation with PFNA 2.
• Organizing Secretary of Centre of Academic and Practical Excellence –Kerala Orthopaedic Association (CAPE-KOA) on Fracture fixation of Distal Femur and Workshop on fracture Fixation with LCP with Synthes India Ltd.
• Treasurer of Cochin Orthopaedic Society from 2006-2008
• Past Hon Secretary of Cochin Orthopaedic Society from 2008-2010
• Co convener of the prestigious KT Dholakia CME at National Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association IOACON Gurgaon 2012 and IOACON 2013 Chennai
• Past Chairman of the Cochin Backwater Round Table 131 2011-2012 – a nongovernmental movement of young men
• Past Joint Secretary of Kerala Orthopaedic Association.
• Co chairman for AO Basic Course in March 2013 held in Kochi.
• Present Honorary Secretary of Indian foot and Ankle Society
• Organizing Secretary for the Current Concepts in Trauma, Kochi 2014 (National conference of Trauma Society of India) in April 2014
• Convener of Orthopaedic Radiology and Pathology forum in Orthopaedic Master class held in September 2014 in Goa.
• Organizing Chairman in
o “Foot and Ankle Symposium April 2015 Kochi
o ` AO ORP basic Course in February 2016
o CAPE KOA on Scaphoid in March 2016
• Convenor of KT Dholakia IOACON CME Kochi 2016
• Convenor of Foot and Ankle subsection in IOACON 2016,Kochi
Speaking/understanding/writing: English, Hindi, Gujarati, Malayalam and Punjab