Dr Rajesh Simon completed his MBBS from Mysore University in 1994. After his under graduation he went to work in a rural area in Gujarat on voluntary basis for the poor and downtrodden for 2 years. Later in 1997 he joined Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, Punjab and did his Masters Post graduation in Orthopaedics and was awarded his MS (0rtho) by Baba Farid Medical University, Punjab.
After his post graduation he again went back to serve the downtrodden and poor and worked for 3 years. He had an unique opportunity in Trauma Management. He was a part of rescue team in the site of Train Crash in Khanna in 1999 wherein about 400 people were injured. Later in year 2001 Gujarat Earthquake, he was the main coordinator in Christian medical college team from Ludhiana and one of the main orthopaedic surgeon performing innumerable surgeries for the needy patients free of cost for 3 months. For his exemplary work he was awarded for excellence in Humanity services from Bramakumari team and various other organizations.
He joined Lakeshore Hospital in 2003 and has been working in the same hospital since then.
He has been trauma faculty and AO faculty and has travelled as faculty all around. Since 2012, he has been focusing on Foot and Ankle ailments and underwent various fellowship training for the same. He completed his IFAS-UAB fellowship from University of Birmingham, US and later AO Advanced Fellowship in Foot and Ankle from Royal Northshore Hospital Sydney
Dr. Rajesh Simon is the President of Indian foot and Ankle Society He has been a regular faculty in Trauma and Foot and Ankle conferences both nationally and internationally. He also is a invited guest speaker in various international and national meets. He also has numerous publications in various journals of repute.[/su_spoiler][su_accordion][su_spoiler title="Specialized Orthopaedic Training Course" anchor="Accordion-2"]
- AO. Basic Course -Cochin 2007
- AO Advance course-New Delhi 2009
- Immediate Trauma Life support course – Cochin 2005
- Foot and Ankle course- Munich 2016
- Immediate Trauma life support based on the similar lines with ATLS in 2009
- AO provider course for Faculty education program (FEP) in HongKong by AO in 2013
- AO Chairman CEP course in Bangalore by AO in 2017
- Fellowship on Hip Arthroscopy from Warwick University, United Kingdom
- Fellowship on Foot and Ankle from University of Alabama, Birmingham, United States of America
- AO Meet the Expert Foot and Ankle Fellowship from Royal North Shore hospital, Sydney, Australia
- President of Indian Foot and Ankle Society (2022-23)
- Executive of Asian Federation of Foot and Ankle Society 2022-23
- Past President of Cochin Orthopaedic Society (2018-2019)
- Hon Secretary of Indian Foot and Ankle Society (2016-2018)
- Past Treasurer of Cochin Orthopaedic Society from 2006-2008
- Past Hon Secretary of Cochin Orthopaedic society2008-2010
- Past Joint Secretary of Kerala Orthopaedic Associations 2012-13
Guest Lecture/ Faculty in International Forum
- Invited faculty in 5th Orthopaedic Association of SAARC Countries held in Male in 2008
- Lecture on Complications of Proximal tibia in 1st AOT meet held in HongKong in May 2012
- Invited Faculty in International Federation of Foot and Ankle Society (IFFAS) held in Lisbon, Portugal in Sept 2017
- Invited International Faculty in 3rd Foot and Ankle Course in Muscat Oman, in April 2019
- Regular faculty in IFAS- BOFAS basic course of British Orthopaedic Society since 2017
- Faculty in SICOT PIONEER Asia Pacific Summit- Twi Towers Pre Congress webinar on Hind foot deformity in Sept 2022
- Faculty in Shanghai International Foot and ankle Symposium in Nov 2022
[/su_spoiler][su_accordion][su_spoiler title="Organizational/Academic/ Administrative Experience" anchor="Accordion-7"]
• Medical Superintendent of the Sarvajanik Mission Hospital for 3 years from July 2000 – June 2003. Conducted various medical camps during the tenure for the poor and needy people.
• Faculty of orthopaedics in teaching MBBS students of Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences, a WHO recognized medical school for one year during 2004-5
• Organizing Secretary of ‘LAKESHORE TRAUMA UPDATE –
o WRIST UPDATE 2008’ a CME held on July 2008 on wrist and Workshop of distal radius fracture fixation with LCP ;
o ELBOW UPDATE 2009’ a CME held on June 2009 on elbow and Workshop of distal humerus fracture fixation with LCP
o CALCANEUM 2010 a CME held on calcaneum and Workshop of calcaneal fracture fixation with LCP;
o PROXIMAL HUMERUS 2011 a CME held on June 2011 on proximal Humerus fracture management and Workshop of Proximal humerus fracture fixation with PHILLOS
o PROXIMAL FEMUR 2012, a CME held on June 2012 on Proximal Femur fracture management and workshops of Proximal Femur fixation with PFNA 2.
• Organizing Secretary of Centre of Academic and Practical Excellence –Kerala Orthopaedic Association (CAPE-KOA) on Fracture fixation of Distal Femur and Workshop on fracture Fixation with LCP with Synthes India Ltd.
• Co convener of the prestigious KT Dholakia CME at National Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association IOACON Gurgaon 2012 and IOACON 2013 Chennai
• Convenor of KT Dholakia IOACON CME Kochi 2016
• Organizing Secretary for the Current Concepts in Trauma, Kochi 2014 (National conference of Trauma Society of India) in April 2014
• Convener of Orthopaedic Radiology and Pathology forum in Orthopaedic Master class held in September 2014 in Goa.
- Co chairman for AO Basic Course in March 2013 held in Kochi.
- Organizing Chairman in
o “Foot and Ankle Symposium April 2015 Kochi
o ` AO ORP basic Course in February 2016
o CAPE KOA on Scaphoid in March 2016018
- CAPE KOA on Ankle injuries in May 2018
- Cochin International Orthopaedic Summit CIOS 2019 held in Grand Hyatt in 2019
- Spotlight on Foot and Ankle held in Nov 2022.
Speaking/understanding/writing: English, Hindi, Gujarati, Malayalam and Punjab[/su_spoiler]